Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Coffee and Tea Adventure begins....

As I sit here with my Venti White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks, I can’t help but reflect on all the different types of coffees and teas there are in the world. As a self-proclaimed coffee and tea addict (my friends and family will back me up on this), I have tried literally hundreds of different kinds, brands, strengths, sizes, beans, leaves, you name it and have made a mere dent in all of the different options out there. I mean, WOW! There is literally something for everyone. Whether you like it hot or cold, sweet or unsweetened, mild or strong, or if you are one of those, as I am, who have to yield to their mood to decide the offering of the day, you can and will find it…if you know where to look! Doubt me? Come along for the ride as we discover them all and you can decide for yourself!

Over the next, oh I don’t know, DECADE, I am going on a coffee and tea hunt and will be documenting all my findings for my readers. My goal is to try and review every type, brand, flavor, and essence of coffee and tea out there and all the gadgets that go with. If there is a coffee air freshener or any other coffee/tea “flavored” something or another, I WILL find it and post it here so you know who, what, when, where, and if applicable, why it is what it is. If I like it, you will know about it. If I hate it, you will know that too. I want to give you all an opportunity to know what is really out there so that you too can have an idea about it and broaden your horizons as well. Maybe, just maybe, I can convince you to go try it for yourself. If not, well, then you can live vicariously through me.

Now, as I already have this in hand, let’s discuss Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. Anyone who knows Starbucks and has had the opportunity to try a White Chocolate Mocha will probably tell you that it can only be described as “this side of Heaven”. It is smooth and creamy while holding a brilliant White Chocolate flavor. I prefer mine quad strength so when I go to make my order, or if you go now that you are curious, just say you need a “Quad Venti White Mocha” and they will fix you right up. The number of shots depends on the size but if you want a Venti, you will get 2 espresso shots, 3-4 squirts of white mocha and vanilla. It is then filled the rest of the way with freshly steamed milk and topped with whipped cream (which, by the way, they make fresh everyday). It’s a pretty simple little recipe and, once I decide on the first espresso machine to review, we will definitely have to try it out at home.

Next time you go to SB, be sure to check out your cup when you get it. It will tell you exactly what you ordered, if you happen to know Starbucks-speak, that is! If you order a quad, it will have a 4 listed for shots. The syrup will be listed as WM. If you order with no whip, it will say either NW or will have a circle with a W in the center and will have a line crossed over it. It’s all rather basic, but it is still really fun to check out if you haven’t already.In the future, I will be posting an article on exactly what all the little things on the side of that cup mean.

One of the other wonderful things I really like when I go to Starbucks is the Mint Chocolate Brownie. It’s very chocolaty and extremely rich. It will make you pucker and your eyes roll in the back of your head all at once. It was my weakness at Christmas time this last year. It’s bright green on top and has the most awesome taste. If you’ve ever had Mint Chocolate ice cream, just think about it being mixed into a brownie batter and cooked up right. Now tell me your mouth isn’t watering just thinking about it! It wasn't available today and I really wanted one so I am hoping that it wasn't just a holiday item. I haven't paid any attention recently when I've gone as my mood did not dictate it, but this time, well, I want my Mint Chocolate Brownie!!

Well, I have to go fix dinner so this was my recommendation for the day. I am going to sit back here and continue enjoying this absolutely wonderful drink and continue my search of espresso machines after dinner is done. I currently have it narrowed down to about 35 and there are STILL more to be seen that fit into the price range I am looking for. Decisions, decisions! If you happen to have one to recommend, I would love to hear from you! Just drop me a comment on here and I will gladly check it out! I may have to just try them one at a time and review them as I go. Hmmmmm, there's a thought!

As always, thanks for reading, and until next time: Live, Laugh, and Love!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you feel about unflavored coffee, but I know someone who roasts coffee beans and his coffee is so good it doesn't need any flavorings. Check him out. http://baristaonduty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to check it out!

    Hun, when you get a chance, send me your OLS name. I sent you an email but my gmail is acting rather peculiar lately. It deleted half my mail for me and half the things I sent don't seem to reach their desired targets.

    Oh, and BIG CONGRATS on the baby. I want to see pics soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind! I found you! =)

    ReplyDelete