Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cheese please?

Ok, so since removing myself from the whole meat eating fiasco some people prefer, I have actually never felt better. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I may only be one person but how much meat does one person generally eat in their lifetime? The only answer is TOO MUCH! Myself and my vegetarian 3 yr old will do what we can to fight for the rights of everything living thing on this planet(minus the fly that kept trying to land on my eyeball this morning and refused to go out the window and eventually committed suicide by vegan").

So, I'm on a quest and I need people's suggestions. I have always been a big huge cheese person and that is still my big weakness. My question to my readers is what kind of Vegan cheese do you prefer and why? I have done a lot of research and there are so many different kinds and different styles and I am at a loss.

Any help on this would be a huge deal for me! Also, any recipes you want to share would be great too! I'm fighting a strong desire to cook knowing that today I just don't have time with things to do for my clients and the Fall Festival for the kids at school and my house needs a major cleaning, but hey, I WANT TO COOK! Don't I always get what I want? Well, no, but I can try. :)

Ok, there are phone calls to be made and things to be cleaned and I still have to figure out what I am wearing tonight so I will end this here. But be assured that I will be doing some cooking tomorrow and pictures will follow! You've been warned! LOL

I look forward to hearing from you!

Till then, Live, Laugh, and Love!!
Amy

3 comments:

  1. I have to preface this by saying a lot of new vegans get majorly bummed out by the cheese. It doesn't always taste or act the same way.

    However, I love most fake cheeses. My favorites:

    Galaxy Rice singles-good for chickpea salad melts
    Sheese Smoke Cheddar-this is cheese and crackers type stuff
    Teese Mozzarella-good on pizzas, melts well
    Daiya-my favorite! Super melty and stretchy
    Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet-good for anything, takes a bit longer to melt but good, creamy flavor

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, vegan cheeses just aren't the same so now instead of trying to replace cheese in recipes with vegan cheese, I just look for recipes that don't require a cheesey flavor. I didn't think it was possible, but the desire for cheese does go away. That may be easier than trying to find a perfect replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had much success with vegan cheese. It just doesn't do it for me. I went to a restaurant in Atlanta called Soul Vegetarian. They have vegan mac and "cheese" that is soooo good. They have a cookbook and it tells you how to make it. According to my friend, it's easy to replicate.

    ReplyDelete