Monday, August 10, 2009

Rockstar Roasted Coffee & Energy Light Vanilla

Ok, well, I've gotten a little distracted from my blog lately with all the stuff I have going through Elance(LOVE IT!!) and not feeling well and the million other things going on. I absolutely love that site! It's time to get back on to my Coffee & Tea Search and Reviews. Today, let's talk about the Rockstar Roasted Coffee & Energy Light Vanilla flavor.

As some of you know, Rockstar has a full line of energy drinks out on the market. I'm assuming they brought about the Coffee flavored ones to compete with the Starbucks version or maybe it's vice versa, I don't really know. Well, I was browsing the shelves at the store to see if they carried this one particular flavor that my husband has. Of course, they don't. I noticed this can that looked like a Rockstar and a Starbucks drink mated. lol. It was Light Vanilla and contained 50% Less fat and 50% fewer calories. As I have been watching my weight for quite some time now, I figured what the heck, I can get my coffee fix and watch the calories at the same time.

So, I took the 4 pack home and chilled it. The next morning I woke up and decided to take the easy way out and not brew my regular coffee that morning. I popped open the can, took a sip, and realized that it was very watery. The taste was good, not overpowering or anything, but it was really just plain watery. It was the right amount of sweet, the right flavor of coffee, but I prefer mine creamier. This wasn't what I expected at all. My husband, however, tasted it and went "Wow! That's something I could drink." He's very picky about his drinks so, as impressed as he was, he now has a ready supply of them waiting for him when he wants them.

I think this next week I am going to compare the Regular Rockstar Vanilla with the Starbucks Vanilla and see which one I like more. If the Light Rockstar with its 50% less of everything is ok, then with the 50% added back it should be even better, right? Guess we will see....

Till next time, Live, Laugh, and, as always, Love!

Thanks for continuing to follow me and my ramblings!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment